AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD Gator or Polaris Ranger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MMiller
Posted 4/7/2012 08:21 (#2324868 - in reply to #2324665)
Subject: RE: I will have to live in ignorance.

SW Iowa

I regularly put my Ranger in places a Jeep would not go, and it would tear up the pastures checking cows in the rain.  Yes I too think they are a little high priced, but I use the heck out of ours and its easier to get in and out of then a Jeep.

I have little experiance with a Gator.  The only one I rode in, the operator looked very uncomfortable with the steering wheel arrangment.  I too agree with the statement on service, Olson's will get no more of our money.  We will got to Indianolla, or Whipp Sales in Clarinda.  I have little faith with our local Deere dealer stocking what I would need, so it would still need to be ordered in.  So far getting Polaris parts has been next day via UPS.

Test them both.  Ask the around about local service.  Make your decision from there.  I have saved 1000s of miles of beating on my pickup and possibly 100's of miles of walking by having a Ranger.  When the wind dies down a little, I will be spraying about 200 acres of pastures with ours.  Trees, mud, and rough going prevent me from using the row crop sprayer.

Michael         

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)