AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8960 hyd oil case drain/0 psi return
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

atc70
Posted 4/4/2012 17:35 (#2321176 - in reply to #2320424)
Subject: RE: JD 8960 hyd oil case drain/0 psi return

Update on what I learned/ did not learn today from Deere dealer. When I removed scv drain line, a fair amount of air escaped from the rear differential. That did not seem right for a zero pressure return, figured there must be some vent that is plugged, so I called dealer. Service guy said that that is supposed to be pressurized, that how it is. 0 psi return may have to go all way back to reservoir, but didn't know where. Said to look for any line up high, that would be low pressure, or vent. Parts guy spent a half hour trying to find what Deere recommends, without ever getting anything exact. He did see that on rear differential that the diagnostic port could be used as a return, but that has 5-15 psi back pressure. I assume that is the same as the scv line pressure I took off. Scv drain was above oil, diagnostic port was below oil. (oil leaked out when I removed plug). The other thing his manual said was to go into reservoir drain hose, but he did not know where to find it. Scottierip, you may want to look into it more yourself, you may be dumping into a slightly pressurized system. Maybe it doesn't matter that much, I don't know.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)