AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do any of you guys do Drug and Alcohol awareness training for truck drivers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

illfarmr
Posted 4/3/2012 18:49 (#2319552 - in reply to #2319031)
Subject: Please take off your farmers hat and put a business hat on

Central Illinois
If you only drive, you do NOT need this training. If you have no employees, you do NOT need this training. Ok?

If you do supervise drivers, you are the one LEGALLY responsible for putting safe drIvers on the road. Even if they are the kid next door, you are legally responsible for him when he is in your employ.

When I added a commercial trucking operation 15 years ago, I set it up as a seperate entity. Why? Liability. Employment laws don't allow me to fire for drugs or drunkenness unless I have such training as this. (actually, I can fire theme, but I open myself to a lawsuit)

I liked the drug and alcohol testing program so much, I adopted one for the farm. Unfortunately, I have had to fire 2 friends over drug use. They said marijuana doesn't hurt anyone, but if they have a serious accident with my equipment, who do you think will get sued.

If you are doing. Trucking, contact your state truckers organization for more information. Or you could wait until an employee has an accident and someone else's attorney can explain your responsibilities to you
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)