AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do Equipment Dealers Know, If I Buy From A Different Dealer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

agronomydave
Posted 4/3/2012 15:55 (#2319407 - in reply to #2319158)
Subject: RE: At 2 times the money

Southcentral WI
I see this mentality a lot....farmers shop and shop to get the best deal....equipment dealers talk folks! They may compete, but they don't cut each other's throats! Once you shop around twice on new equipment, the jury is out on you. Now you're working with dealerships that have communicated the fact you're not loyal, you're shopping and looking for the best price. As dealers communicate, they take customers that are known 'shoppers' and they price them with a standard margin, and sometimes an above-standard margin. Dealers that become cut-throat operations are often times short lived....as was the case with a local Deere dealer in our area. They were known the past few years for making some outrageous deals, Deere had enough of it, as their service and parts performance suffered as they tried to overcompensate for a poor sales mentality and had them sell their franchise to another Deere chain/superstore. I've seen this done with Red and Blue dealerships as well, it's not an issue specifically to green. I know this won't be a popular response, but it is what it is. Just good business, actually. Protecting profits.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)