AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Could my planter wedge box be bad??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Matthew2158
Posted 4/2/2012 20:35 (#2318270)
Subject: Could my planter wedge box be bad??

North Carolina
Have had repeated failure of all 24 seed tube sensors today. I have PP SeedSense 20/20 installed and thought the Smart Connector (SC) might have been the problem (it alerted me to a possible planter wiring harness short circuit) but even bypassing all that stuff and the RUM's, my GS2 display still shows all 24 sensors unreponsive. I did check and I have voltage running to them and there are no visible cuts, pinches, abrasion, etc. in the planter harness. So I put the SC in a different location (before the wedegbox) and plugged and unplugged it several times. Each time I got a handful of sensors "operational" but they were different ones each time and when I did a test pass in the driveway, none of them registered seed, altough I was putting seed down. A call to PP and my Deere dealer haven't yet solved the issue. Could my planter wedgebox be bad?? Running SeedStar II on a 2600 display. I really hated to lose a day of planting due to electrical junk!! Would really appreciate some knowledgeable advice here. Thanks!

Edited by Matthew2158 4/2/2012 20:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)