AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NEED AC 90°F, Switching R-12 to R-134 question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

twraska
Posted 3/31/2012 23:58 (#2315449 - in reply to #2314649)
Subject: Re: NEED AC 90°F, Switching R-12 to R-134 question

Wallis, TX
JDTECH - 3/31/2012 13:38

Alot of different thoughts and opinions on this. I have done many conversions on the 30, 40, 50 and 60 series tractors and just about as many R-12 equiped combines as well. I have never had a conversion from R-12 to R134A cool any less than it's R-12 predecessor. Some of the keys to insure that it cools properly, is replacing a worn out pump with a fresh pump, change the reciever-drier and expansion valve, do a proper system flush, pull a long and deep vacuum on the system, make sure that the system is properly charged and make sure that the evaporator, condensor and filters are clean and flow air freely. Poor door and window seals can affect the performance of the A/C system as well. Good luck.

Apairinc has an aftermarket condenser that goes in front of the factory one, it really lowers the high side pressure. They also make a high capacity evaporator and a Sandon compressor conversion kit. We put all the 'goodies' on a 4440 and while I haven't run in in mid-summer, so far it's one cold A/C.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)