AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Return line for Hydraulic motor on 4040 JD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 3/31/2012 22:35 (#2315305 - in reply to #2315237)
Subject: so, you are saying, on a 4440 with vac planter, this photo of yellow tagged line is wrong

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

The yellow electrical tape is currently the return from the VAC blower, it goes to the tranny case.  [ Note: silver regulator, under rear window, regulates hyd oil to VAC blower.]

This has been this way for roughly 8 years, when DAD got this used planter, from a JD dealer. BUT the first dealer(selling dealer) had it hooked differently, then another mechanic (from a different dealership) was on the farm and says there has been an update and/or bulletin to put the VAC blower return into the tranny case.
 Honestly, I don't know, Just going by what Dad and I have heard or always done = Dad even wrote down notes, in his planter operation guide to insure, that every year, these hoses get hooked up correctly (correctly = coming from what the 2nd mechanic told Dad)

This is a 4440 power shift, So I would like it to be correct. Note: I don't know HOW the 1st mechaanic had it hooked up= I wasn't around, at that time.

Question: Should it "return" to that other power beyond outlet?????

Thanks.

(IMG_0216.jpg)

(IMG_0212_in paint program (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0216.jpg (44KB - 1201 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0212_in paint program (full).jpg (84KB - 382 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)