AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad truck deal in Lawranceburg IN
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Badger
Posted 3/30/2012 23:30 (#2313978)
Subject: Bad truck deal in Lawranceburg IN

Huntley Montana

Bought a 95 IH truck on EBAY the first of Jan 2011 from a fellow that has a truck & trailer repair business(use to have wreckers also) in Lawranceburg In. Fellow told me that the truck was "good enough to run coast to coast". & as long as I pay for the truck  he'll store it free for me.  I went down to get the truck in feb 2011. He made me wait 6 hrs @ the airport befor he came & got me. He explaned that they were having problems getting the truck started.  After 2 days of him trying to get the truck started  I bought a  PU & headed home.  He called a couple days later & said he had finally had found the blown ECM fuse from them hooking up the jumper cables backwards. Agreed to bring the truck to MN where I had bought a trailer. Then he quit answering my calls. I had posted the truck on GETLOADED.com & had a truck to haul in in sept/oct. Called him  & he said I'm @ Daytona beach & Cann't do it now. So I kept the load listed, & had another trucker lined up in Jan that made "arraingements to pick it up". He got there & waited & tried all day to get the fellow to give him the keys. Finally left. Trucker was going back in Feb & had a heart attack that fouled him up a month or so. Trucker got there yesterday after getting ahold of the fellow & had to wait again. This morning the fellow I bought the truck from told the trucker that I was going to have to pay him over $3000 "storage" from Jan 1 2012.
 I gave the "fellow" my CC # after the truck got loaded & also had to pay a differant wrecker CO to load the truck.   

Just looking for ideas    I think I got shafted

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)