AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

C-12 Cat starting issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

farmall1206
Posted 3/24/2012 09:40 (#2303602 - in reply to #2303369)
Subject: Re: C-12 Cat starting issue

Western IL
I cant believe its electronic if its turning over good and wont fire without ether? First of all here are the basics,that engine uses a cam/timing sensor for the engine ecm,it reads top dead center which varifies to the ecm when to start firing the injectors............so in your case if the truck wont start but turns good and you give it a wif of ether and it starts,that means its reading rpms somehow? now if you gave it a wif and it started just long enough to get the ether out of the cylinders and died again that would be the timing sensor or voltage to pin 70 etc something else. Just because the hand primer is hard doesnt mean its not air and not fuel...............here is what i would do go to the hardware store and buy about 6 inches of 5/8 clear nylon tubing and some #10 compressons to flare and put it inline after primary filter[on frame not engine]start and check for bubbles,if bubbles are found find the source,lines,filter,suction tube in tank etc air is not good in fuel,once thats fixed check fuel psi because air in fuel is good for cavitation in the transfer pump vanes my 2 cents
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)