AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has anyone put a liquid tank on an old Versatile?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

crowbar
Posted 3/24/2012 08:29 (#2303505 - in reply to #2303124)
Subject: RE: Has anyone put a liquid tank on an old Versatile?

Hazelton, Kansas
Nwksmilo,

I run a 950 gallon SS tank from Michigan Metalcraft on the back of a NH/Versatile 9282. I like it a lot.

I think the weight belongs on the back. 4wd arctics tend to be built heavy on the front, on the assumption that draft will transfer weight to the back. When used for relatively light draft jobs like planting, the back tanks tend to even out the weight distribution. Even with a full tank, steering and ride are practically unaffected on mine.

I see far less concern for axle durability than with front saddle tanks or a dozer, and folks do that all the time.

Visibility may be a problem with standard plastic tanks. I've always wondered if one of the 400-or-so gallon molded pickup tanks would work. I'm talking about the tanks that are shaped to fit around the wheel wells of a standard pickup bed. Seems that tank would fit nicely between the rear wheels of an artic. Rear fenders may or may not have to come off. This might keep the tank low enough to retain better rear visibility. Just a thought.

Regards,

MDS

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)