AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

360 HP pull 43ft chisel plow?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dennis SEND
Posted 3/24/2012 01:29 (#2303391 - in reply to #2303181)
Subject: RE: Off topic beaver tail question....

Newguy - 3/23/2012 21:44

How do you like them?     Do you use them in corn stalks?

I run 4" Weise double points/beaver tails for everything including corn that has been harvested with a 600 series chopping head and am happy with the way it works, last year I bought a set of 3" twists and was thinking boy these should get it black, I was VERY disapointed in them basically could not tell the difference between the 4" and the twists I have been told 4" cupped twists do a good job but I am happy with the regular 4" doublepoints and am going to continue running them, personally I hate Deere 4" double points, I don't know what you would call it but weise shovels have a curve to them and kinda "wrap" around the shank which makes them much stronger that the flat shovels deere has I have never broke a weise shovel, lost a few when they get thin and bolts pull thru but never broke one, I had 1 set of Deere and broke 3-4 of them off and said that enough for me, neighbor who bled green seems like they always have a tip broke off but keep using them anyways and if you watch sales usually can buy weise cheaper anyways. Corn ground chiseled with this setup is plenty good for beans but is not really black enough for CoC I have done it but purchased a 870 so that is what will get used from now on.

Edited by Dennis SEND 3/24/2012 01:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)