AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

divorce after 25yrs together
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 3/22/2012 20:16 (#2301126 - in reply to #2294778)
Subject: RE: divorce after 25yrs together

NC Iowa
4beanpod - 3/19/2012 00:14

25 years is a long time and there are many more good memories than bad. How many married years were good ones?

Do you still love her? Are there children? Grand children?  

When emotions are high, words of love, regret, forgivness, sorrow are hard to say but just say them. Do not be too proud, too
hard headed or too stupid to fight for your wife and family.

No matter what the attorneys, counselors, priests, preachers, friends and anybody else with .02 has to say........divorce screws up lives.
I know. I speak from personal experience.  

Get good legal advice and do it privately. Protect yourself as best you can if worse comes to worst but do not act in haste
in signing anything. Let feelings cool down. 

Move out, give her some space, live apart for a while. The way she feels right now, she will enjoy it and so will you but that will not last very
long. If you care about her and you want to save what you have built together (family 1st and farm 2nd) do not give her a divorce, even if right now you feel
like you want to, don't do it.

Let time work for you. A trial separation of a few weeks is not going to settle anything. Time can heal a lot of wounds so let time work for you. It could take
being apart a year or more for these feelings you both have to subside.   

We all have faults and after 25 years she should know all of yours and you should know most of hers. If the main reason for this divorce is you "work too hard" then change your ways. Do things different. Do not take her for granted. Show her you love her.

Men and women both need love but words and actions of love and caring mean more to women than all of the hard physical farm work you do.
Even though we men work hard to provide for our wives and families because we "love" them, women need more.
They had rather be held, cuddled and be made to feel loved and secure than to have a screaming orgasm (most of the time).

If you have had a good life together do not give up on it. And do not believe what she says. She doesn't want a divorce.
She just wants a husband that loves her so don't you do anything you can't undo and will regret and don't let her do anything either. 

this is so well said i can't belive it. sums up everything i thought about posting when this first showed up. 25 years, there has to something there. unless there has been another man/women, talk this out and make it work. do whatever it takes and remember your vows. your marraige is more important than farming. just my opinion.
good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)