AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ Guide 500 and a JD8130
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/31/2007 07:42 (#229665 - in reply to #229589)
Subject: RE: EZ Guide 500 and a JD8130

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Don't know the prices but you would need the NavII controller and wiring from Trimble to the EZ-Guide 500. The Nav II can communicate with the Deere Autotrac so the Steering valve from Trimble is not necessary.

The EZ-Guide 500 would then steer the tractor using WAAS.

To upgrade the EZ-Guide 500 to Omnistar you need an unlock from Trimble. I believe this unlock package includes a different antenna (the new antenna still works with WAAS). You would also need to pay the yearly subscription fee to Omnistar for either the XP or HP service.

To go further to RTK would be another major step. It would require another unlock from Trimble for the 500 and the RTK radio receiver. You would then be able to work with an RTK base station.

If you were to setup your own base station, this would require the purchase of that equipment. If an RTK network is availabe in your area you would need to subscribe or join their service.

I have personally switched an 8310 from EZ-Guide+ with EZ-Steer to the EZ-Guide 500 and autopilot. I am running under WAAS which is sufficient for the purposes of that tractor. Since that tractor was not autotrac ready, the Trimble steering valve was needed.

I also have an 8120 running with autopilot and a Trimble 332. This setup has the Omnistar unlock and I use it with Omnistar XP. Since this tractor is used for planting, the higher accuracy of Omnistar is desirable. This tractor was not autotrac ready either so again a Trimble steering valve was needed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)