AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

acgo/cummins engine trouble ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

a of jag
Posted 3/19/2012 15:39 (#2295465)
Subject: acgo/cummins engine trouble ?

Waverly MN
I have a White 6215. Here is the problem I will try and keep it short. It has a 8.3 cummins and 18 speed powershift. Tractor started ran with no load for about an hour, shut it off for 20 minutes went back to start it and it would not turn over. Checked all connections figured the starter went out. Starter tested poor at rebuilder, fixed it, thought problem was found. Put it back on and it did the same thing. Took it back off and took a prybar at the flywheel and it is locked up. Will move about an inch either direction. Oil level is normal and clean. Coolant level is full. Pulled alittle oil out and no coolant visible in the oil. Magnetic drain plug is clean. Operater said all gauges during the hour of run time were in there normal ranges. I have taken the valve cover off all rockers and pushrods look okay. I am going to pull the injectors to see if it is hydrolocked. I pulled the tractor into the shop. The engine did not want to turn over when pulled so I think that means it is not something with the tranny but am i wrong??? Could it be transmission related and I am looking in the wrong spot at the engine. Any ideas or has anyone on here had anything similar happen. It has me really baffled right now. I don't want to tear the engine apart if it is not the problem. Thanks in advance.

Edited by a of jag 3/19/2012 17:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)