AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Putting Boundries in FM1000
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nar
Posted 3/18/2012 23:07 (#2294533 - in reply to #2291863)
Subject: Re: Putting Boundries in FM1000

Wyoming
Just use the boundary line function and drive around making them where you need. If you don't have boundary set where you have the 2 line and 2 area functions, such as rock, hole, fence, road, whatever, you need to go to display settings and change it so one of those is boundary. I like mine set to run off the right edge of the implement. Then set it to whatever size implement works for how close you can drive to where you want it even though you may not even have an implement on at the time. Or even throw the planter or something that size on to make it easier to see how far it needs to be. Then drive around wherever you need. It won't set a A-B line then but to me that isn't a big deal, I just want to outline some fields. Most of them I had lines done already before I ever made a boundary anyway. If you want though if you have a straight edge on the field where you are making the boundary you can still draw a line while the boundary function is enabled, it won't kick it off or anything.

Or do as Jay said and just do the headland function and it does a boundary also. You can do a straight A-B in headland also, if you happen to have a straight edge along your headland you want to use. I rather make the lines and draw my boundaries separately though on most fields.

If you make a boundary wrong you will have to delete the field to get rid of it, which is stupid, but the way it works. I copied the field to my USB drive and then deleted the boundary files using the computer and then delete the field off the FM1000 and reload it off the usb so I can keep my lines while redoing a boundary that needed changed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)