AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 743 flow meter setting in Integra for NH3 flow meter calibration nubmer. ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/18/2012 17:08 (#2293700 - in reply to #2293208)
Subject: Re: Raven 743 flow meter setting in Integra for NH3 flow meter calibration number. ??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

NEILFarmer - 3/18/2012 10:41 So if tag on meter says 740, meter cal. in Raven 440 should be 740/4.22=175? 4.22 is what i came up with for a conversion for gallons of water to lb. of Nitrogen in NH3. I have been using 170 because that is what was wrote down in the book. How much of a difference should that 5 being off make? I mean we are having trouble getting right amount applied, the rate i entered is very close to how much NH3 is going on, not the actual Nitrogen. This is a fast valve, never had any troubles with it.

Yes, If the meter cal on the Raven says 740 for Gallons of water then 175 should be correct for pounds of actual N.  You would enter your target rate in terms of the Pounds of actual N that you desire.

As you suspect the change from 170 to 175 is pretty minor as this should only affect things by about 3%. 

If you are reading some vapor, the system may be fooled and the turbine may be turning faster than it would with pure liquid.  The system believe this as Gospel and will close the control valve down a bit to make things appear correct.  The applied rate seems to agree with the acres and volume used but is incorrect due to the vapor.  The actual rate applied is lower than desired.

There are various possible causes for vapor such as restricted lines, plugged strainer, plugged cooler, poor tank pressure and others. Another possible but less likely problem could be in your wiring or flowmeter sensor.  The sensor works on the principle that it gets shorted to ground to create a pulse.  If there are some bare wires, the signal line may be getting shorted from someting other than the flowmeter sensor.

Edited by tedbear 3/18/2012 17:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)