AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro Shaft Row Command Part #
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

toxhawk
Posted 3/18/2012 00:34 (#2292782)
Subject: Pro Shaft Row Command Part #

North Central, South Dakota
I'm mostly in the need of advice first off on if my path is the right one to take. After using white planter for many years moved to a green machine It's an older 1770 conservation 16 row planter running max emerge plus row units it has the seed star monitor and it's running chain drive.
I am fimilar with the trimble agleader products mostly used the guidance so far do have a ezboom for sprayer I use the farm works software as well. So I thought that i should stay with a agleader/trimble path and commit more to it. Instead of jumping into the john deere hardware with little to no knowledge of the products.
Here is my idea and future plans for what i'm wanting to do
What I want or would like to do is change over the chain drive to the pro shaft with the electronic shut offs and have it controlled with a system that would work for everything I'm looking to do, which would be control the variable rate of seed and liquid ferterlizer and control my dry product as well.
Thought about the john deere route and it seems like it would be a costly path to take, the trimble path seems like it's more difficult and it would have some good cost it as well, the agleader route i've looked more into it and seems the most cost effective solution. I was thinking integra monitor ontrac2+ gps2500 seed command and modules for controlling row shut off and ect.. for starts and add the rest later.
I would like to find a part number that will convert the chain drive over to the pro drive with shut off in one kit. But having trouble finding something and parts folks are not much help I have a part number for a full on kit to use all JD's stuff but it's like 9k so hopefully I'll find some help on here.

Regards
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)