AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2009 GMC 2500HD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 3/13/2012 18:43 (#2285449 - in reply to #2285275)
Subject: RE: 2009 GMC 2500HD

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
BHTN - 3/13/2012 14:22

Detroit - 3/13/2012 13:44

Too heavy of a load on the front of the trailer will pick the front wheels up right? Wouldn't that cause it to weave? I would think it would be about as bad as overloading the rear of a trailer.

From my experience too heavy load on the front of the trailer just squats the truck. Too heavy on the back tries to pick the truck back tires up and doesn't give them any or much traction. I've had this become very interesting when the trailer starts to sway hard and the truck bed is going side to side and the cars in all directions are trying to avoid the impending wreck. I stopped mine by gearing the truck down suddenly before it wiped out. :-) Think about how unstable the truck and trailer become when you drive something heavy up on the trailer back end and that's what it's like going down the road with a trailer overloaded to the rear. Like I said just my experience.

We saw a Dodge panel van on I55 years ago pulling a enclosed trailer. He had stuff in the rear of the van that you could see in the rear windo and must have had whatever in the trailer all the way up front. His front wheels were just barely touching the ground and he was running about 45 mph. Probably couldn't go much faster. I swear we could see air under the front tires.

On my F350 with a bed full of tools and other junk and pulling a trailer if I load it too heavy on the front it will make the front light. The back axle is already squatted down to the overload springs where they are touching the bump stops. The back cant go down much further so it pulls the front up. Makes it squirrelly at highway speeds. This is with a bumper pull trailer. I would imagine a gooseneck would pull much better as the weight would be further forward on the truck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)