AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making a pad for a shop with a dozer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

bob1968
Posted 3/13/2012 12:30 (#2285082 - in reply to #2284440)
Subject: RE: Making a pad for a shop with a dozer

Just put up a shop this summer and had to fill 30 inches on one end with fine sand I had available. I used a six wheeler and dumped 6 to 8 loads at a time then leveled it out with a 150 hp tractor and a box scrape and repeated the process. Builder who was also going to do the concrete didn't like my fill job even though I was sure I packed it well. He wanted to remove the fill and refill while packing with his vibratory roller. We finally agreed for the same money as moving and replacing the dirt he would drill 12" holes on 8' centers down to virgin soil to fill with concrete and use #4 rebar on 1' centers. I didn't mind the extra cost because you only get one chance to do conrete right. I'd say you would be ok moving the dirt with the dozer but had better find something on wheels to pack with.

Might want to check with builder how much space around outside as my builder used rough terrain lifts which took about 8 ft. I had to move a fence twice to give him enought space to work. He wasn't interested in working from ladders.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)