AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2009 GMC 2500HD
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CTOBAC
Posted 3/13/2012 10:41 (#2284962)
Subject: 2009 GMC 2500HD

Have now tried 3 different trailers behind this P/U and am very dissapointed with the towing capabilities. The engine has plenty of power but swaying is my problem. The truck is a long bed with the towing package. Yesterday I pulled a dump trailer with 3 tons of pea gravel and anything above 50 mph the sway is terrible. I have also pulled two different tag along trailers with small tractors loaded and the sway was also bad. All trailers were dual axle and weighed less than 3900 lbs. What is going on here? I read about guys on here pulling much larger loads with thier pickups and seem to have no problems. Do I need helper springs in the rear? The tires were inflated to max. pressure and it did not help. How much better would a gooseneck trailer be? I bought this 3/4 ton thinking it would be great for towing but to be quite honest it does not handle these trailers as well as our old 96 Dodge 1/2 ton. Sure would like to cure this so I can enjoy this "new" to me truck. Thanks for any and all advice on this matter.

Curt

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)