AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere Sprayer plumbing vs other brands
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 3/13/2012 00:28 (#2284528)
Subject: Deere Sprayer plumbing vs other brands

Been helping someone set their 4730 sprayer up. He has not sprayed prior to this and we have sprayed quite a bit with our 98 and 99 Patriot 150 and Patriot WT. The plumbing on the 4730 is quite different from what I have experienced on our WT and 150. It seems very complex in terms of the number of valves that are required versus what it can do.

I have studied the plumbing schematic in the manual quite a bit and I've read all about how to work varous circuits and do various things and I think I understand it pretty well. As far as I can tell, the only thing the Deere can do that we cannot do with our Patriot sprayers is that it can load itself if you for some reason do not have a working transfer pump on your tender rig. Even then, our Deere dealer told me that is something that doesn't always work so hot.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the specific advantages of the Deere plumbing methodology versus our old WT and 150? Do other brands such as Case, Rogater, Apache, etc have that kind of complex plumbing or are they more similar to our WT and 150?

I'm not here to start a color war. When we upgrade sprayers we'll look quite seriously at the Deere. From what I've seen of his sprayer it's really nice and I don't see any reason all the extra plumbing will make it less reliable. I guess I just want to know if all new sprayers are similar to that or if other brands do things significantly differently. Thanks.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)