AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2x2x6 concrete block ideas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/11/2012 16:11 (#2281238 - in reply to #2281201)
Subject: RE: 2x2x6 concrete block ideas

central - east central Minnesota -

garvo - 3/11/2012 14:48 not a dull post at all Mike,starting to really dislike those blocks,I like concrete 10 inch walls the best-4ft tall,as you can throw a simple angle iron in there to attach anything to the top-drill anchors or even hang a gate off that wall-simple and cheap,even if your wall is 12inchs thick you can pour 7ft of wall for 1 yard of concrete,add about $10 of rerod and your cost is $16 a foot-as you do more research maybe look at the opportunity to pour your own walls and save some money,every wall you pour will give you new insight on how to pour the next wall-reroding,forms and etc-the nice thing about a 4ft wall a little wider-easier to back the concrete truck in and pour from the spout-a hand dug footing or trenched footing at frost line would help,but we have poured right on top of a 8inch floor with no trouble,takin time now will save headaches down the road and yesterday my favorite black kitty became vulcher material after my block stacked 2 high fell over when I hit it with my skid-loader-It could have been someones toe-so be careful! Adam and I built some 4ft forms,kinda nice payback pouring your own walls-according to your figures you could pay yourself $29 a foot for labor-Its one of those Hefty moments as they say-$100 hour job-or more,just to pour the walls?If you need help on how to build the forms I have some pictures!

Very good post, good advice Garvo ~
Those stacked 2x2x4-6 are a sefety concern if stacked (even two high). They can fall over (even with rod holes drilled through) and case damage, injury and even death. They have their place and use, but as a loose devider wall ? I'm not sure I would . . . . . .

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)