AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1990CCS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 3/11/2012 10:42 (#2280651 - in reply to #2280597)
Subject: Re: 1990CCS

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
bollweevilman - 3/11/2012 09:14

A planter will get you a better stand with less seed. No argument there. Will a planter yield more than a drill that produces an equal final plant population? I don't think so.

I think it will. Thus our reason to trade. If you want a nice 1890/1910 air drill combo I can tell you who to talk with at Greenway. Cause right now it's still sitting in my way at my shop.

All I know is we all sat down and had a day long discussion on how to make this farm better. We all agree we do a good job on field prep, spraying, irrigation and harvesting. None of us said we did a good job of planting. All 4 of us agreed that air seeder has to go.

We are running the only one in our immediate area and have seen our yields slowly go down year after year. Having a neighbor across the turnrow plant the same seed on almost the same day, irrigate the same and spray the same chemicals and see his yield be much above ours leads me to believe only one thing and that is his seed placement, spacing and overall planting was better than ours. I didn't want to go back to a planter over a drill either but I also don't want to make that call to Jeff Dewitt and schedule an auction so something had to change.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)