AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tru Count electric clutches Raven with Envisio Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/10/2012 08:31 (#2278887 - in reply to #2275965)
Subject: Re: Tru Count electric clutches Raven with Envisio Pro

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

I did something along this line several years ago before Ag Leader got into the Clutch Control business for planters.

One of my customers asked if it would be possible to use the Liquid Product module for this purpose.  The Liquid Product module is designed to be used with sprayers and has product control as well as section control capabilities.  This application didn't need product control as the planter was ground driven but the customer wanted to utilize the section control portion of the setup to have the system shut off sections of the planter for point rows or partial passes.

As I recall, I used relays between the module and the clutches for two reasons:  1) to reduce the electrical load on the module and 2) to reverse the logic so that the output circuit would be completed when the section was OFF rather than ON as would be correct for a sprayer.

Since the module was also expecting some type of "flow" information, I attached a shaft sensor on a shaft on the planter.  This was to provide some flow information to the system so that it would map/log and most importantly cycle the sections properly.

I believe this was successful but certainly not an ideal situation as it took some creative lying to the system to get this working.  The operator had to be smart enough to realize what the screen information was actually telling him.  This is one of those cases where it was acceptable because it was the customer's idea rather than mine.  When the customer comes up with an idea, imperfections along the way are much more tolerable.

I believe it was just the next year that Ag Leader came out with the Clutch Control Module and the correct setups in the Insight to handle section control properly for planters.

Edited by tedbear 3/10/2012 08:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)