AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 3/9/2012 20:13 (#2278136 - in reply to #2277894)
Subject: Re: Planter

Morris, IL
Like Istumped said, cycle the master cylinder first but probably won't fix it. The manual has directions on cycling the master cylinder. Also bleed all the cylinders, vise grips and 1/4" hose. Have to have someone in the tractor pulling lever. Be careful because the oil under pressure can hurt you badly.

We had similar problem with our JD 7200 Flex Fold 12 row but ours was a little different. Center would work its way higher and stay there, never drifted down. It would get worse as time goes on, so start field planting perfect and by the time i finished an 40 acre field middle wouldn't getting full planting depth. So what we did was bleed center lift cylinders down 4-6 times a day, after that process starts over, planting level. Dealer recommended rebuilding center lift cylinders first, didn't cost much compared to master cylinder and it helped. Ran like that for a year bleeding the center cylinder 2-3 times a day. Before last spring we changed the master cylinder, that fixed it for the most part. Once i got the down side cylinder stop set it planted perfectly.

That said, I'm still not happy with the way it rides in transport. It leans one direction, i don't really know what to try to fix it. I almost have to set it down on cylinder stops going down the road (probably should do that anyway).

Now, another thing, the pilot operated directional valve. We had same thing, used it on IH 1066 and always left it on there. Then we went to CIH 8940 and needed the case drain for vacuum motor. Took the valve out and plugged it in strait into tractor remote and it went down faster. I'm not saying you will have same results but i think its worth getting some couplers and trying it. Probably only cost few bucks to just try it. I don't think that will fix your problem at all, didn't make a difference for us.

Good luck because your going to need it.

Edited by NEILFarmer 3/9/2012 20:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)