AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Holstein steer....what am I looking at?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

danceswithcows
Posted 3/6/2012 08:23 (#2270744)
Subject: Holstein steer....what am I looking at?

SWIL
Hi folks. I've been reading here for a long time and replying to threads infrequently and this will be the first thread I start. I've learned a lot and have searched past posts looking for answers, but haven't had much luck or maybe I don't know how to find what I'm looking for. Last night I noticed one of my steers that I got two weeks ago has developed some swelling in its navel area. I'm not sure what I am looking at here and would appreciate input from some of the more experienced folks here. A little background on the steer. He should be around 525 lbs, banded when he was little, was on a self feeder with corn and accuration pellets before I got him, and has been on a shipping and receiving feed since he got here. The past few days I have been introducing a little at a time the tmr that they are receiving now, which has corn silage, corn gluten pellets, ground corn and an accuration pellet with balancer. He eats, poops, but I haven't caught him peeing yet. He's pretty shy and didn't want his photo taken (they sure can tell when they are being singled out.) If this is something that needs to be fixed, I'd like to get to it sooner rather than later. Thanks in advance.

(34a.jpg)

(34b.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 34a.jpg (46KB - 381 downloads)
Attachments 34b.jpg (45KB - 402 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)