AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ooops-gas got some diesel mixed in
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Rob D
Posted 3/5/2012 21:15 (#2270007)
Subject: Ooops-gas got some diesel mixed in

s.c. north dakota
My bulk driver called this morning wondering if I had a tank he could put about 4000gal. of gas into. I think his plan was to store his mixup someplace and hopefully blend it off. What happened was he was delivering gas when he ran out of product so he brought some out a few days later. To finish the order, he needed to unload another 300 gals. of gas and then go deliver the rest of the truck which was loaded with dyed diesel. He goes ahead and unloads his 300, goes to unhook the hose from the coupler, and dyed fuel dripped out. Ooops. Shoulda been gas. At this point he has 1000gals. of mixed product, 700 gas 300 diesel. For some reason he took it back to the bulk plant and pumped it into his bulk gas tank. I sure he thought it would be diluted enough that it would never bother, but I think the more he thought about it the more it worried him. He said that the dye has colored it too so people will notice it. He offered some to me at cost but I wonder if 6-7% diesel will affect a fuel injected engine. I wouldn't be a bit scared to run it in some old trucks or pickups but I don't want to tie up a tank just for that. Will the O2 sensor go out or something happen to injectors? I sure somebody has a "Ooops" story. Rob D
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)