AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 3020 hydraulics lose prime
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ronm
Posted 3/5/2012 11:03 (#2268974 - in reply to #2267274)
Subject: Dangit!....

Fruita CO
I really hate to come out of lurk mode, but gonna have to here...don't let 'em tell you it's the nature of the beast-although they're right, it is...but not past a certain point. I chased this problem on a 4000, same system, for a couple years. The owners wouldn't take that for an answer, cause it kept getting worse, until it got almost unusable, the hydraulics would go away as soon as you pushed in the clutch when the oil was warm...Finally I borrowed a flowmeter, & capped off one component at a time, knew it had to have a high-pressure leak to sump somewhere. Answer? The PTO valve!!! hard to imagine it could dump that much oil, but it was...I suspect the bore was oversize when new, as I remembered later, the original owner traded it for a 4230 because the hydraulics weren't very good...
One other point, in my experience, Hy-tran is too thin for a JD system-had one 4440 that the guy was running that oil, & the trans. oil light kept coming on-convinced him to try Hy-Gard, & end of problem...he was a IH guy that bought green, & didn't want to have 2 kinds of oil...
Hope this helps, back to my cave now...;o)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)