AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What happens when you fall off the sprayer!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

spwrlftr
Posted 3/4/2012 10:59 (#2266698 - in reply to #2266111)
Subject: Re: What happens when you fall off the sprayer!

East central Indiana
Back several years ago, we had a pretty much home built sprayer. It consisted of an old 60' JD tool bar and added 15' sections to make it a 90 footer. We took an old running gear off from a grain wagon and added a 750 gal tank. Well, my foam tank was on the side just inside the rear tire. The only way to add the foam concentrate was to climb up on the tire and pour it in. Well, we all know those real dewey mornings where you swore it rained over night. I climb up on it one morning and slipped off, and landed on the side of my ankle. It was by far the WORST pain i ever felt. I just kinda laid on the ground for a few minutes. It wasnt broke but there was no way I could put even a little weight on it (I had to cut my boot off it swelled up so much.) Well, me being the stubborn ass i am (or dumbass), I didnt go home or see a dr. Why pay him for some Ibuproferen and a pair of crutches, maybe some epsom salt and a bucket? To see the humor here, you need to close your eyes and envision someone hopping one one leg clear around this 90' sprayer and wagon, hopping up into the semi, back down, and back around the sprayer to the tractor. It still hurts if i stand on it the wrong way, or step on a rock wrong..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)