AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Headline, Coron, or both??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

MLD
Posted 6/28/2006 23:08 (#22663 - in reply to #22613)
Subject: RE: Headline, Coron, or both?? Questions

The points you brought up are all relevant and accurate, and I have a hard time believing my oen results, though I am as anal as it gets when it comes to proving a product economically justified. First, when I post sprayed with Roundup and Liberty, I sprayed using 15 gal/acre total product, of which 2 gal was Coron. And like you stated, Coron is a foliar feed nutrient, so whatever percentage of the Coron hit the ground or weeds, was in fact wasted. I did use a pre-emerge chemical on these acres, so I waited as long as possible to spray the post trip to get the most leaf surface on the corn plant as possible. I have a feeling that perhaps the Boron did more for the yield increase as did the nitrogen in Coron, and I can buy liquid Boron for less than half of what Coron is. Results of that will be coming this Fall. As far as the fungicide and Coron treatment goes, I will be applying roughly 700 acres of corn this year about 4-5 days before the first tassle shows with an airplane. Most of these acre will be 50% of a field to give us comparitive data. Lastly, I should state that am in NW IL on a 20" row spacing, I am a little new to this site and I do not have a mapdot yet.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)