AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do I activate my DCM-300 on Verizon?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DataActivationCenter
Posted 3/2/2012 05:22 (#2262509 - in reply to #2255309)
Subject: RE: How do I activate my DCM-300 on Verizon?

Hi, this is Kelly of Data Activation Center. It was brought to my attention I should reply to this post. In general, most all precision guidance devices activated in the US subscribe to the 5GB (3G) data plans on both Verizon Wireless and AT&T. We are authorized agents for Verizon Wireless, AT&T and Sprint specializing in data subscriptions for machine to machine technology. The $50 vs. $59.99 discussion is a common one we demystify regularly.

$50/mo = 5GB (5120MB) of data allowance available ONLY for equipment with 4G chipsets. (To my knowledge there are currently no 4G devices available in the Precision Ag industry.)

$59.99/mo = 5GB (5120MB) of data allowance available for equipment with 3G chipsets. YES, this plan offers the exact same data allowance as the $50 plan above and IS the correct 5GB data plan that should be selected for your DCM300 or for that matter Intuicom, Raven Slingshot, Topcon etc... It is not an advertised data plan now that 4G is being promoted.

We'd love to be able to attach the $50 data plan to 3G devices/ESN's but it's simply impossible to do. However, IF Verizon should ever reduce the 3G $59.99 data plan to $50, matching the 4G plan you will be able to change your rate plan and save $9.99/mo. To save money, you can also participate in the "Billing Suspension" program which allows the cellular subscriber to pause the billing, twice in a 12 month period, up to 90 days each time. (You must first complete 181 days of service before suspending but it's an excellent program for seasonal users such as growers.)

I hope my reply has helped clarify the data prices mentioned in your post, and also confirms we do not add any additional fee's to the plans. Happy Planting! Kelly
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)