AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teach me about older deere planter monitors
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/28/2012 07:33 (#2256470 - in reply to #2255995)
Subject: RE: Teach me about older deere planter monitors

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

There would be many combinations that might work for you.  Some combinations would require a wiring modification. 

First of all there is the physical size and shape of the connector.  Many of the monitors that you suggest utilize an AMP 37 pin connector.  Even if the connectors will mate there are some combinations that would work and others that would not.  Generally pins 1-x are used for the rows (23 or less) but another problem is the power and ground.  Some systems utilize a pair of powers and a pair of grounds to run the sensors, others use only one power and one ground.

I believe it would be best to actually test the monitor before you purchase it if possible.  I would temporarily connect it to the planter and go through the rows one by one and drop some kernels down each seed tube.  On my 250 at least, dropping a few kernels down a seed tube will activate the system, then the system alarm should go off for a bit and later clear itself.  Repeat this process for each seed tube.  If some rows work and other don't, the problem may be the power and grounds mentioned above.

Ag Express and others have wiring diagrams in their catalogs which might be helpful for this project.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)