AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

TxFarmer
Posted 10/23/2007 20:30 (#225398 - in reply to #225005)
Subject: RE: Thoughts

Panhandle of Texas

I really don't know what to think of things, anymore!  The market(s) have been less & less fundamental.  I was looking at a little book I keep (actually it just a little section of my daily planner), where I keep short little notes about the grain & cattle trade ; and I noticed that this was the 9th week in a row that wheat has posted either a limit-up or limit-down move.  Man, that used to actually mean something (to me, anyway..right now, I just stare @ the board w/a blank look)! I believe it is going to take something fundamental in nature to get this wheat market out of the side-ways 'walk' it is on.  Personally, I think wheat will trend lower.   Around here, drills that have been in the fence row for ~years~ came out of 'hibernation' to sow wheat.  Guys double (or triple) cropped wheat where they would normally fallow it, then plant it to milo next spring.  Makes me wonder where the milo's gonna go (around here, anyway!)

On the corn side, didn't a Philipene (sp) contract fall through? (70k tonnes) I don't guess that 'moved' things, but did not help.  I read where the corn harvest is supposedly 60% complete (55% complete is the 5 yr avg).  I read on another forum where guys are not able to even get in the field.  Mud Hog 4x4 axles are just about sold out everywhere...

Senior, looking into your crystal ball, would you please take a stab at where you think the wheat and corn markets will be (price), say, at the end of the year..??

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)