AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grid vs Zone sampling
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gfi
Posted 10/23/2007 19:17 (#225362 - in reply to #225316)
Subject: Re: Grid vs Zone sampling

Fairfield, Mt
I haven't had seperate cores from the same zone tested individually to know of any varitability within the zone . The cores are an aggregate sample of the entire zone; multiple cores for the zone combined for one sample for that zone. I do see variability between the zones.
Usually in my area, we test for N, P, K, pH, org matter. The drylanders see more variability in N than I do on the irrigated. N is pretty consistant across the field and zones. P and K are what show up as having the most variability along with org matter across my zones.
My zones are pretty much relative to each individual field, but my formula is the same for all fields; high, average, low yield areas. Some fields are cosistently higher producers than others due to topography, topsoil depth, water holding capacity, so I can't expect to get the same yields in all fields.
It's just like a tree; each farm, each field, each zone has to be treated a little different in order to maximize each potential yield potential. I just don't know if I have the fortitude to break it down to a grid yet.
Mitch
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)