AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glad I'm not a customer support person. EDIT:
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 2/25/2012 09:20 (#2250343)
Subject: Glad I'm not a customer support person. EDIT:

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
I'm no Gru by any stretch but I have run several older systems and newer Raven. I've been able to help several friends and even a couple of competitors, but some you just can't help. Some examples:
One person complained about the flowmeter accuracy on his fill system. He had the meter mounted between the inductor and the sprayer and would not believe that the air he was sucking through the inductor was messing up his meter.
Another wanted to be able to run 15gpa at15mph and 60psi and was upset when the tips shut off when he slowed down for ends and rough spots and when I set up his minimums so it didn't shut off he was upset he was overapplying by 25%.
The post below about calibrating a dry spreader and the misunderstanding of constants and their relationship to gate opening and not different products is a classic.
There is a lot of good tech support offered by mfgs. When you are working with them and it just doesn't make sense take a time out. Tell the Tech you want to take a break and ask him or her, and I have had some really good "hers" help me, call you back to avoid retelling your story to another tech. Stop and think about what you are asking and if you are describing it accurately. Ask what they think you are saying the problem is. Know as much about your equipment as you can, model, software version, etc. I could go on forever but I think I have made my point. A big thank you to all the techs, precision and others , out there.
Edit. I've been away from home and using a minilaptop. this post is only about half of what I thought I wrote. Nothing at all about guidance or rowshutoffs. wonder where that went? It takes a good 15 min for a post to appear so I couldn't check it before boarding my flight.

Edited by nebfarmer 2/26/2012 13:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)