AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which GPS system to go with
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hobby95
Posted 2/23/2012 14:45 (#2246855)
Subject: Which GPS system to go with

SW MINNESOTA
Here is my delema. We run both red and green tractors and have AFS/Trimble in red stuff and GS2 in the green stuff. This was fine when all we used it for was auto steering. Have pro600 and 252 RTK reciever in 275 magnum that used to be planter tractor. Now that is sprayer/ sidress tractor. Would like to run Field iq on sprayer and sidress bar and possibly Greenseeker sensors in future but pro 600 wont do that. Planter tractor is now 9330 jd and would like to run RTK on it but dont really want to go to JD RTK since i already have trimble RTK through dealer network that i also use on tile plow. I am thinking of replacing pro600 with a FM-1000 to use field iq and also Putting a FM-1000 with RTK system in the 9930 which also pulls the tile plow. I have looked at agleader as well but want to stay with integrated steering so a paradyme would be necesary which would not work on dealer RTK network. Jd dealer network has good coverage in our area too so i have also considered going to all greenstar but not sure if thats compatible with field iq or greenseeker sensors. Also seems like we slowly getting more and more red equipment and less green so at some time we could be all red but thats hard to tell now. Maybe im thinking too hard and making this harder than it should be!!! Any and all help would be much appreciated!! Thanks MIKE
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)