AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field IQ major problem or is there an easy solution
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

TJ FMX
Posted 2/23/2012 08:47 (#2246243)
Subject: Field IQ major problem or is there an easy solution

Queensland
A couple of months ago I recently purchased Field IQ and 2 liquod rate and section control modules and the unlock for variable rate prescription for my dual tank shieldedspray rig. As I was told by our dealer this is all I would need after explaining what and how I was going to use it.Basically I am band spraying undershields and overshields ,one tank for under and another for over.We have a lot of angle rows so auto shut off of sections and prescriptions to turn booms on and off from spacial data was recommended. We are running Fmx version 5.5 and the section control modules are version 2.14.When we enter our section widths ,remembering that they are only a percentage of the total swath,our sections are automatically changed or divided by the total swath.If you enter the total banded swath as your implement swath it works but this isn't the actual implement swath then we have the other boom which has a completely different banded swath .It trys to add the two banded swaths together hence stuffing the calibration up.The problem seems to be that the implement application width determines the field IQ section width and the calibration.The guys from trimble have suggested useing percentages to solve the problem but this would make prescriptions a nightmare and I don't think any of the maps would corrolate. The other suggestion was to use a 12 switch section control box and turn every second section off but I would need 13 switches with both booms running.It would seem as a broadacre boom it would work quite simply and probably does.The guys from trimble are a bit stumped on how to fix this and seem to be trying there hardest to find an easy solution.I know it all sounds a bit confusing so I will attach a picture of the rig. I hope some of you have a solution as this is getting very frustrating . All help would be much appreciated.

(IMG (640x453) (500x354).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG (640x453) (500x354).jpg (93KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)