AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm getting frustrated with this Green Star system!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KevinM
Posted 2/23/2012 08:40 (#2246228 - in reply to #2246179)
Subject: RE: I'm getting frustrated with this Green Star system!

SE IL

trakman - 2/23/2012 07:18 ITC receiver with a Brown box. Everything is new to me, seems that I've got "straight track" mastered (WHOOPEE) and yesterday I drove around in the field trying to get it to record for "Curve Track", it's done it before BUT could not get it to draw a line yesterday. Tried several times and after reading the book and going through the procedure, still doing something wrong...............have 100% space left and tracking mode is on....Grrrrrrrrrrrr!...................and no line! Next,As a totally separate system, I was wanting to mate up an old Cal-a-Acre to a Sensor one "Mushroom" GPS to monitor my grain drill for acres covered and acres planted out of the seed box and found that can't be done unless I spend some BIG bucks, AMS guy told me to use the 2 acre counters in the Brown Box BUT will have to purchase a "whisker kit" to make it work in the implement mode............probably BIG bucks..............haven't heard back from him on that.. Next, still fighting the Early riser monitor to get it to work with the ITC globe for speed , distance and acres covered. Still waiting for the AMS guy to send me a cable that's been modified to "fool" the monitor. I know I have only scratched the surface here compared to you guys that are precision wizards so I have a lot to learn. Sorry for the rant, just had to vent and hope that I can get these things straighten out so I too can enjoy all the features that these systems provide................................by the way did I mention, "Pass me the bottle of Excedrin"

I am not that familiar with the curve track option. Have you tried doing it under a different line number?

On the calc an acre why cant you put a sensor and magnet on the drill shaft? That way it will only count when you are planting. Or am I missing something? The whisker switch option will be cheaper from Ag Express.

Using the itc for speed into the early riser monitor could be problematic. Case uses a different number of pulses to equal a foot than JD. It may not matter or there may be a switch on the monitor. Just fyi something to be aware of.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)