AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheap auto swath for a 4710 sprayer? 1800, Insight, Edge?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

landoftinyfields
Posted 2/22/2012 19:22 (#2245186)
Subject: Cheap auto swath for a 4710 sprayer? 1800, Insight, Edge?

East Central MN
I have a '04 John Deere 4710 sprayer that I'm looking to install auto swath in. Currently I have a Mid-Tech Swath XL (older version) with a light bar that I use for both guidance and record keeping but I can't get auto swath for it. I'm really happy with it and I will continue to keep running it if I got something just for auto swath at a reasonable (used) price. I'm not all that experienced with all the gps units out there, so I do have a few questions for all of you.

First, which unit do you think will be the cheapest way to get auto swath? I first had my eye on a used John Deere 1800 but I couldn't find any with the auto swath activation already unlocked, and once I discovered the price for the activation I decided to see what else is out there.

I've also seen a few used Ag Leader Insights and Edges at a reasonable price with auto swath already unlocked. What receivers are you guys using with these two? Also, anyone using either of these in a John Deere sprayer? If so, what all do you need to hook it up as far as wires, cables and etc.?

Since I'm on this topic, I do want to ask another quick question. The sprayer currently has the brown box and GS1 (I beleive) globe. I don't use it and probably won't in the future, but if I were to get either an 1800 or 2600 display would this globe (receiver) work for these two? Also, does either of these use the same connectors and hook ups as the brown box? In other words, is it as simple as unhooking the brown box and hooking up an 1800 or 2600 using the same cables?

Thanks, Jeremy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)