AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

8710 White?? Good and Bad??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tatertot
Posted 2/22/2012 19:19 (#2245181 - in reply to #2244562)
Subject: Re: 8710 White?? Good and Bad??

Central MN
I ran a brand new one for potato harvest in 2001. The electrical issues were horrible. I would have to shut it down / restart it multiple times per day. Had another guy on our crew that had one take off across the field on him when he wasn't in it. Luckily his machine was set down and it kept shifting up until it killed itself (just before it would've hit the pivot). When we got to it all shifters were in neutral so we have no idea why it took off. The pto shafts would keep falling out and Agcos solution to that was to weld them in. The pto switches quit working and Agcos solution to that was to replace it with a $2.00 hardware store toggle switch. The hydraulics would keep kicking themselves out so our solution to that was a rubber bungee. The alarms were constantly going off even when everything was working. To put it mildly I wasn't impressed. The only good thing was it seemed to pull good but it had 75 hp more than what I really needed for what I was pulling. All of this happened before it had 400 hours on it. There was more but it is getting to be a long time ago and I can't remember anymore. Based on that experience I would run in the other direction as fast as I could.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)