AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Omni HP vs RTK - where is 'close enough'?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mbmaring
Posted 10/22/2007 09:36 (#224422 - in reply to #224354)
Subject: Re: Omni HP vs RTK - where is 'close enough'?

North west MN
I don't think it will cost you that much to upgrade to RTK or Omnistar You are about 3000 too High on both. I was able to make the EZ-Steer and EZ-Guide plus work with both OmniStar and RTK but when I got RTK It was alot better. RTK if using a fixed base station will let you reuse the ab lines for years to come also with rtk when you turn on the reciever it is at sub inch accuracy within a few minutes. The queston I ask you are you happy with way the EZ-Steer is working with wass? How far offline does the EZ-Steer go when using it with WASS? If you arehappy the way the EZ-Steer is working with WASS then the improved RTK GPS signal will take out all the guess work. The one thing I noticed when getting omniStar the first year and planting with it was my planter was swaying to the right about 2 inches so I ended up with tight and wide guess row I had to adjust my sway blocks then it was perfect. I never noticed it was swaying with markers just had to sit to one side of the tractor and could never get my guess rows perfect.
How much do they charge you for the RTK signal the next year? I bought a used base station a couple of years ago for $6000 If they charge too much and you farm in a 12 mile range or so buy your own base.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)