AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Omni HP vs RTK - where is 'close enough'?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 10/22/2007 07:21 (#224354)
Subject: Omni HP vs RTK - where is 'close enough'?

cropsey, il 61731
Can a ez guide 500 with omni HP run a ez steer (w/T2) good enough for planting or is rtk the only way to plant better than using the markers?

I joined the plant 12 rows, combine 8 rows club - it really helped speed things along this year since this fall has been a little too busy with a new hog building project, fall filling new pigs and trying to get everything working for the 1st time - well that's my excuse anyway and it was cheap. However, though my planting job wasn't terrible, it's clear I need to be more consistant pass to pass to keep the 'guess row' under control and I'm considering guidance to help me do this better.

We also have been considering strip applying manure (5-6 rows) and planting into those strips so we have been thinking of an upgrade in guidance (I have a ezsteer, T2, ezguide+). The upgrade to rtk will cost me $13K in equipment and $3K for the 1st year for the correction signal. For omni hp it looks like I would get the upgraded ezguide 500 for $6K plus a $800 omni hp signal fee - much cheaper, but would I like it better than markers on the planter and could it guide 5 rows of manure good enough to plant 12 rows in?

Thanks for you advice,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)