AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

some old pictures,not real good
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 2/19/2012 15:48 (#2238540 - in reply to #2238481)
Subject: Re: some old pictures,not real good

western iowa,by Denison
first picture 1967-dad had a speed king elevator we ran with a hyd motor so that the tractor was away from the hopper,
2nd-my big brother Glen and Middle brother Rick running the a jd-Glen always got to run the big tractor-He is the case-ih dealer in Denison-Vetter Equipment
3rd-brother Rick 4-h calf 1968
4th-1965-a jd and feed wagon
5th -me 1968
6th-brother Glen,1967 and neighbor Orville Kroger with a mf 510 combine,I think it was the first hydro combine?
7-My brother Glen and me-1966,the dog's name is blacky-my brother always wore 5 buckle boots,and was always dressed nice.
8-filling the silo-belt driven allis blower.we had a belt pulley kit you bolted on the back pto of the oliver-My sister's always raked corn silage by had into the feed table of the blower.
9-1966-Wilken truck line-this was the first cab-over pete in Westside ,Ia-it had a 318 detroit-you where big stuff if you got to ride along in the twin stack cab-over-it was so loud you could hear Merle Wilken coming out empty from town 2 miles away-if you seen some of my other pictures,Wilken's are still hauling my cattle-last week Merle and his wife Judy hauled a load of fats to Norfolk for me with there son Mike-in the other truck!
10-rose trucking and big gas truck,and wilken trucking with a gas diamond reo-i think they had 3-4 rigs like this -1966
11-neighbor Randy Brockman-and don't know the other guy-we usually piled 20,000 bushel of corn on this pile-1967
12-brothers chopping-1 row case chopper-1800 oliver ,did i mention it was a gas tractor?Brother Rick chopping along side-Rick was the fastest clutch,slapping gear changing farm boy in Iowa-he was always running that tractor-you could pull alongside in 4th gear
,until it got full and you would have to go to 3rd,and Glen would never slow down!
last picture 1972-our foreign exchange student from Paris ,stayed with us 1 year,and Garvo on the seat of the 1855-we had one of the first 1855 olivers out-640-4row wide front mount cultivator-I us to cultivate 500 acres-2 times a year with that rig-my brothers where a lot better at it then me-at lay-by time Glen would run 7mph.Rick could run 9mph,I think 5th direct was 9mph and 5th over was 11-we had 6 gears with a 3 speed shift on the go-we had no cab tractors until 1973-my Dad didn't like them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)