AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

picken ear corn-1972 or somewhere close-the nite-
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

money
Posted 2/19/2012 09:10 (#2237717 - in reply to #2237357)
Subject: RE: picken ear corn-1972 or somewhere close-the nite-

east of indianapolis
Garvo, I don't see how you guys done it. I'm too young (40) to experience picking corn with my dad on our farm barley remember dad having a 105 jd and he traded it for a 7700 bigtime. But then when I was trying to trick my wife into marrying me and the first few years that we were married I helped her dad pick corn trying to be a good soninlaw. He had a two row newidea pulltype that we pulled with a 4020 and I thought it was absolutely a pain in the rear. My favorite not so good memory was the second year I helped him I wasn't in family yet and really trying to impress him and we was starting one day and it was muddy and I knew nothing about the field that we was in and not alot about picking and for some reason he let me drive picker so away I go drove into the wettest part of field and after much backing up and giving it hell I had tractor picker and wagon jackknifed and barried to axles. What I mess and I don't think he was very fond of me that day. I think we nocked down more corn than we picked that day trying to get pulled out and mud was packed everywhere. Hard to believe I still made it in family. I told him many times that I didn't see how you guys got done in old days and he said they would pick all winter, wouldn't work today because in my area everyone is in a race and if you still have corn out after thanksgiving you are a slacker.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)