AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Patz 950 mixer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

J. Sheehan
Posted 2/18/2012 17:00 (#2236737 - in reply to #2236304)
Subject: RE: New Patz 950 mixer

Sunnyside, WA
If that 950 is a load on your 4450 and you have had good luck and good dealer support on your Trioliet, I would at least try a Trioliet with the shiftronic gearbox. I have heard great things about Patz but only ever looked inside one, never used one. Remember, you are comparing a well used mixer that still mixes good to a brand new one that better mix great now because it will only get worse.

We can run a Trioliet 3600 & 4000 (1400 cu ft) with the shiftronic on JD 8110 and 8200 and never run out power. Used to run Loewen 1022 (1200 cu ft) on the same tractors and the 8110 would be low on power. Loewen has the same 2 speed gearbox as the Patz. Amaxing how the fuel consumption went down when we switched to larger tmr's. The shiftronic really does save on fuel. I would think your 4450 would run at least a 3200 without breaking trying too hard.

Maybe you have you reasons for going Patz, but I would at least look again at the Trioliet. I've never thought much of tires on the inside of a tmr wagon either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)