AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will this implement switch work on my planter? (PICS)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sparrell
Posted 2/17/2012 18:25 (#2234897)
Subject: Will this implement switch work on my planter? (PICS)

I am trying to put Ravens Accurow system on my Kinze planter. The implement switch that Raven sent with the Accuboom kit is apparently a proximity sensor. The directions that came with the implement switch are very poor to say the least. It appears that the proximity sensor must be within a minimum of 5/8" of something to trip the switch to tell the system that I am planting when the planter is lowered. The directions say to NOT to mount to the row unit, and to mount it on the planters main wheels.

The problem I see is how the kinze main wheels "float" when in planting position. The pin on the bottom of the cylinder can move in a premade groove in the casting. Ive never really watched my planter from behind because I am always the one running it, but won't the transport wheel frame move up and down in that groove when planting in the field? This will lead the transport wheels frame to not staying a constant 5/8" away from the prox. sensor making it read only sometimes on higher spots of the field, but then wont read when the wheel runs in a relatively lower spot when the pin falls to the bottom of the groove.

Whats the best solution?

(DSCN2250 (Small).JPG)

(DSCN2251 (Small).JPG)

(DSCN2253 (Small).JPG)

(DSCN2254 (Small).JPG)

(DSCN2255 (Small).JPG)

(DSCN2256 (Small).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN2250 (Small).JPG (65KB - 108 downloads)
Attachments DSCN2251 (Small).JPG (71KB - 112 downloads)
Attachments DSCN2253 (Small).JPG (48KB - 89 downloads)
Attachments DSCN2254 (Small).JPG (61KB - 112 downloads)
Attachments DSCN2255 (Small).JPG (72KB - 107 downloads)
Attachments DSCN2256 (Small).JPG (56KB - 105 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)