AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need a master switch on sprayer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Nebraska Sandhiller
Posted 2/16/2012 21:58 (#2233363 - in reply to #2233240)
Subject: RE: Need a master switch on sprayer

NNW Nebraska
Disclaimer, I have no idea what I am talking about.
I am guessing that they are not reversing polarity of the power to run the valves.

First. Take a test light or volt meter and check to see if it takes power on one wire to turn the valves off, and on a different wire to turn the valves on. With the third wire being ground.

If so, you may need a something like a triple pole double throw, center off switch. hooking the hot wire to the common terminal, and one wire from each end of the switch to each of (two of) the wires to the valve.
or use two triple pole relays run with a double throw switch so that you switch one relay on for ON and the other for OFF. might take some thinking to get it all to work.

I am guessing that when your are talking "A switch with 6 prongs" you are talking about a double pole, double throw switch. Normally the middle two terminals would be common to the terminals at one end or the other depending on which way the switch was set.

Do they have wires hooked to all six terminals, or to the three terminals on one side of the switch? If they are using all 6 prongs of each switch, then they must be reversing the polarity to the wires on the valves. (for instance a permanent magnet motor will reverse direction if you reverse the polarity to it) If you use a voltmeter, you can tell if they are reversing the polarity.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)