AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

intergra AB lines
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nhermanson
Posted 2/16/2012 00:08 (#2231552 - in reply to #2231500)
Subject: RE: intergra AB lines

Central, IA
You are correct. Smart path may only be used with equipment that is the same width as what was used to set it up. For curved lines I just use a curved track like you would a straight AB and change paths at every major turn (90degrees). Any passes less than 100 yards or so, I usually just hand steer.

Most of our equipment is 60'. I save the lines in the fall with the A point set where it would line up for a 60' bar and set a guidance width of 60'. Our stip till bar is only 30'. So I create the line at 60' and then reload it with a guidance width of 30'. This way we don't have to shift the tracks with 60' equipment in the spring.

Personally I don't use smart path for the "smart features". But I have used it for the quick toggle. If I had my way, I would like to be able to to put the guidance lines in folders for each year and be able to quick toggle between all lines in that year. As a strip tiller, we shift 15" every year so I have 2 years worth of lines saved. Not a huge problem in a square 80. In our 445ac field with 19 sides, the lines start to add up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)