AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farm Works Mobile and JD yield monitor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

lanwickum
Posted 2/13/2012 22:12 (#2226820 - in reply to #2225491)
Subject: Re: Farm Works Mobile and JD yield monitor?

Then I will have an absolute mess of files I do not want to sort out all winter. I have younger people running my combine that are computer literate in a very visual way. The menu system on a brown box is a pain in the rear. That is why people now pay 10-20 times as much for a full screen to work with. If I can do similar with my toughbook then I believe I can end up with a managable system of data. Basicly I want to use one system if possible and farm works is what I am trying to make work. I went with farm works because trimble joined with them and I see a very good future with them working together. For now I can only afford so much and am seeing a possibly much cheapper way to make this work. Just gotta make it work. I am not seeing were other people have made this work and that is why I am being held back at the moment before spending money to find out why it doesn't work. I am almost there anyway. Have farm works, have toughbook with docking stations, combine has trimble ez-steer with 500 monitor. I just gotta get the sensors and a monitor. JD sensors are affordable. Now how to take the data from those sensors into a usable format afforably. If can't make this work I may just have to write off yield monitoring for another year and maybe I can afford it then. So, any help on how to take data from JD sensors to farm works mobile or from an older JD brown box to FW mobile? Is it possible? Or another route on how to for under $4000.

Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)