AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How practical would 20/20 Field view for field scouting really be?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 2/13/2012 11:37 (#2225270 - in reply to #2224874)
Subject: Re: How practical would 20/20 Field view for field scouting really be?

Morris, IL
You bring up an interesting point, will field view someday be able to to soil samples or is the 10-15' area not accurate enough? Or are you using a different app for soil sampling?

I really think the possibilities of field view on an ipad, coupled with the 20/20 and someday a yield monitor are endless. I would like to be able to walk in a field and know which corn i was standing in, i plant spilt planter almost all the time and i'm told field view can't do that now but in the future it will.

Be able to note stuff like skips with fertilizer, skips with seed, change in down force, and different rates with NH3 to be able to test it latter in combine. Maybe be able to do yield checks by hand and see how it ends up in combine, those kind of thinks are hard to keep track of without GPS.

Someday we all be carrying one of those things like the trades have at the board of trade, two free hands for scouting. I'm not a dealer, nor will i even have one this spring but maybe next spring. And another thing, who wouldn't want to be able to read agtalk in the tractor.

Edited by NEILFarmer 2/13/2012 11:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)